Monday, January 19, 2009

Just another day: MLK

  • The Cardinals. I did not expect in my lifetime to find the Arizona Cardinals anywhere past the first round of the playoffs at best. And now they're off to the Super Bowl. Dwight Perry, sportswriter for the Seattle Times quipped that it proved "it's time to repent -- the end is near."

  • The Savior. Despite the deep freeze that has frost-bitten the northern hemisphere this winter, the enviro-apocalyptics are still afrenzied. (Trumpet blast) But help is on the way! Seems a chief NASA expert on the meteorological sword of Damocles hanging over our head looks to tomorrow's new President to save the world (here). Maybe I'm the wacko thinking our rebellion against God will usher in global catastrophe and that only He (God, not Obama) can save us.

  • The New Amorality. We're going to usher in a new era of unrestrained libido. Some would refer to it as the Culture of Death. Many cry that "you can't legislate morality," completely ignorant of the fact that all law is moral. In keeping with that concept, the new administration is giving the governmental green-light to conduct that at one time was not discussed but in hush-hush tones, conduct that is now the only subject of sitcoms.

    Not only will the President rubber-stamp homosexuality by repealing "don't ask-don't tell" and rubber stamp murder en utero with the Freedom of Choice Act, his administration seeks to unfetter our youth by getting rid of such medieval programs like abstinence-based sex education (here). Hmmm...state taught sex-ed. More indication of parents abdicating their God-given responsibility and the state scooping it up.

  • Sanctity of Human Life Day. What a difference a week makes. January 15th, last Tuesday, was Sanctity of Human Life Day. I hate to say, I missed it. Didn't even know it was taking place. Tragic. It also goes to show that the media didn't cover it. Not worth it, I guess.

    Someone remembered, though (here). I wonder if it will be remembered by them next year. Methinks not.

  • Did I mention that the Cardinals, the Arizona Cardinals, are going to the Super Bowl?!? There may yet be hopes for my Vikings (ha-ha-ha-hoo...I nearly fell off my chair).

1 comment:

Shannon said...

1. I like the new background/blog look!
2. The Cards--ack! My response: Se-ri-ous-ly??? (Broken into syllables like that on purpose.)
3. Deep sigh about the rest. On the bright side, light is more noticeable in darkness...what better time to make a strong impact?
4. Please note this list ends in 4, which is not a multiple of 5. I am recovering. :)