Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Candy for the eye and soul

Some spiffy stuff I stumbled across in the web's countryside. I stepped in some stuff, too, but I'll post that gnarliness tomorrow.
  • Inauguration panorama. Some enterprising editor jammed together a mess of photos to come up with this shot. It's interactive, too. You can scroll around and up and down. It might take a few seconds to download based upon your stuff.

  • Inauguration celestial. I understand that might be the opinion of the liberal America but that's not what I mean. Here's a phenomenal shot of the inauguration from space! Breathtaking. You can see the crowds of people as the huddled near the ten jumbo-tron TV's Notice how the people arc away from the screen. This, too, is an interactive site.
A couple writer's on the web have such quality stuff that I savor their pen's products like I do oatmeal scotchies from the hand of my bride. Andree Seu, a regular columnist for World Magazine, who also does a daily ditty at World on the Web, is one of those authors. I offer two of her recent pieces for your enjoyment (they're short).
  • Oaths. President Obama took one yesterday. If you carry a ring on your left hand, you took one, too. If you've served in the military you took one. Here's a rich ponderance on the solemnity of an oath.

  • Birds. Okay, it's not really about birds but about the sovereignty of God in our lives. But birds come into play (here). I thought of this rumination by Jesus, too.
Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

Matthew 10:29-31