Saturday, May 24, 2008

Why?

As you can see from the post beneath this one, good families are facing unspeakable horrors. To a lesser degree (perhaps not so much lesser to the parents), our tiny church is facing sudden and unforeseen storms as well.
  • A baby boy has had an unbreakable fever. Not being able to find a vein in his arms, the IV was fastened to his scalp.
  • An eleven year old girl fainted. She's in a different hospital than the baby boy.
  • My eighteen-year old son has been hospitalized with a severe intestinal blockage and may be facing surgery.
  • Relationships are being buffeted on every side.
Then Job answered the LORD and said:

“I know that You can do everything,
And that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You.

You asked, ‘Who is this who hides counsel without knowledge?’
Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand,
Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.

Listen, please, and let me speak;
You said, ‘I will question you, and you shall answer Me.’

“I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear,
But now my eye sees You.

Therefore I abhor myself,
And repent in dust and ashes.”
Job 42:1-6
Why? I still don't know. What I do know? God is good.

"I will praise you in the storm..."

No comments: