Monday, April 14, 2008

E'08: Life & Hillary

Some quotes from Senator Clinton during last night's Compassion Forum got me thinking. Take this one:
"I believe that the potential for life begins at conception."
After reading that I had to go look in the mirror and wonder, by her definition, if I was still potential or had ever become actual.

The next one wasn't much better:
"I have concluded, after great, you know, concern and searching my own mind and heart over many years, that our task should be in this pluralistic, diverse life of ours in this nation that individuals must be entrusted to make this profound decision, because the alternative would be such an intrusion of government authority that it would be very difficult to sustain in our kind of open society."
First, I would say that she is searching the wrong things. Second, if government is not about intruding to protect innocent life against violent crime, then there is no government, only self-indulgent chaos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, the typical liberal response. "Government shouldn't interfere except when we think it should interfere." Apparently Sen. Clinton's only guiding star is her own desires or what happens to be politically expedient. Simply, creepy.

-JP