Wednesday, April 8, 2009

QotD: Knee-slapping hi-larity

When I was a wee lad, back in the day when as a six-year old you could leave the house at 8 a.m. and not return until 6 p.m. and mom's heart wouldn't skip beat one, I hung out with Guy Loushin (loo-sheen'). I think we were a bit more mature, probably going on eight, when we strode into Target's food nook in Crystal, Minnesota. Guy was one of the funniest kids I've ever known. Sometimes it was intentional, other times not.

The latter: My family took him on a camping trip one weekend. En route, my dad, hearing us talk of our father's military exploits, asked Guy what outfit his dad was in. Guy thought for a moment and shrugged, "I don't know. A green one I guess."

The former, the intentional humor, often cost him. I wish I could remember what he said. We had gotten our goodies and sat down when he cracked his comedy. Problem was I was in the middle of chugging my milk. You know the line about shooting milk out your nose? Yeah, well it came out the nose and out the mouth in a fine spray that would make Estee Lauder proud...all over Guy. I wish you could see the look etched in my mind. He just stared at me, head slightly atilt, eyes screaming, "You are the biggest moron." I just laughed harder.

I thought of that episode as I came across the following quote on Breitbart last night (here).
"I don't see any threat to the United States coming from Iran anytime soon."
What made the quote so charming was that it came from Sergei Kislyak. You likely gathered from the first name that he's not from Tucson. No, Sergei is the Russian Ambassador to the United States.

Those crazy Russkies! I'm sure glad I wasn't drinking milk when I read that one.

No comments: