Thursday, April 16, 2009

Books and covers

I have never watched American Idol. Not once. Haven't seen five minutes of it while channel-surfing. I was tipped off to this extraordinary video through World on the Web. It's not American Idol but the Euro version, Britain's Got Talent, also hosted by the tersely-tongued Simon Cowell.

A couple of favors. Watch all of it. As you do, listen to Susan Boyle's hope. She wants the opportunity to just once sing before a large audience. Never been kissed. 48 years old. Charity worker with bad hair and thick brows. Very "British." Note the cynical eye-rolls from the audience as she walks on stage. Note Cowell's snide cheek when he asks her name.

Then note his and everyone else's expression as she opens her mouth. Watch when she concludes. Happy just to have had the opportunity, she turns to leave as if she were satisfied just to have had the experience.
But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature ... For the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart."
1 Chronicles 16:7
I am such a superficial man. Watch the video here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw Susan on Good Morning America. I wanted to see more so went on UTube. I must have watched the video 5 times. Brought tears to my eyes every time. I hope she wins!

Mom

Shannon said...

My sister sent me the youtube link a few days ago...makes me smile every time I see it. :)
Rock on, Susan!