Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Seat backs and tray tables

Don't you love the little sermonette you get when embarking the airplane about what to do in the middle of an aviation disaster? Do you really think folks considered getting their seat back in the full upright and locked position before their baby bellied into the Hudson River? The position of the tray tables had no impact on the horror that befell the flight that nose-dived into a Buffalo neighborhood a few weeks ago.

When life careens out of control, the petty dissolves away. You cinch down your lapbelt and pray that God carries you through to a smooth landing or ushers you home and into his arms.

Our nation has lost thrust in its engines. Now what? Most of us are passengers. We're hoping for Sully and his crew, but I fear we're stuck with Curly, Moe, or Larry. That said, it's time to focus on what I can do here and now, and pray the knuckleheads up front know don't crash the plane between now and the next election.

I've come to love the common-sense writings of a corny actor. While I don't cater to his drooling over the WPA, he offers good advice to us during this chaotic time about cinching down our lapbelts (read it here).

And next election, lets get the boobs out of the cockpit.

1 comment:

Danny Wright said...

Just poking around your blog a little this morning and this post reminded me of one I wrote a couple of years ago. I almost never refer to my blog when commenting but this was pretty simular.