Thursday, September 25, 2008

Wow!

Okay, you're not going to care about this, but it's my blog.

My Twins swept the White Sox. Two days ago, they were two and a half games out of first. Now, with three games to play, the Twins are atop the AL Central, vying for the last spot in the playoffs.

Tonight, they were getting hammered 6-1, but as Yogi Berra used to say, "It ain't over 'til it's over." Well, now it's over. The Twinkies won 7-6 in the bottom of the 10th. How I'd have loved being in the Dome on a night like this. Instead, I'm glued to ESPN's on-line GameCast like some computer/baseball junkie. Hmmm...

Three more against the Royals and that'll wrap the season. If you've been following this insanity with me since June (who follows the AL Central??), I don't think there's been more than four games separating the Twins and the ChiSox all summer.

Anyway, for me and the land of 10,000 lakes and 10 jillion mosquitoes, we're tickled!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Haha...I figured this would be deemed blog-worthy. =) Congratulations to you and "your" Twins!

Blog it like it is!

Anonymous said...

Sure hope you stay atop the leader board! The Brewers are tied for a wild card position with the Mets. The Brewers have stunk for the last 10 weeks. Relief pitching lousey as well as the offense.

Love, Mom