Wednesday, June 4, 2008

E'08: And they're off!

"And so it begins."
Theoden King (actor Bernard Hill)

I think Hillary Clinton can scratch and claw all she would like to, but I believe the die has been cast. Nearly six full months before they tumble to the end of the table to see if we end up with craps.

As citizens of a free country, we get to vote come November. Many will squander that richest of privileges because they vote the surface and not the substance. To treat this privilege like the gravest of responsibilities it is, we should wisely plumb the depths of who these men are.

To that end, I will be offering up articles that I believe have objectively addressed a point regarding the two men before us.

The first article that impressed today came from the Wall Street Journal. It challenges us regarding the hard things we should be looking at within the depths of the Senator from Illinois, Barack Obama. You can read it right...about... here.


5 comments:

Brian said...

I honestly do not like either of the candidates. I have a lot of research to do.

Anonymous said...

Agree. Voting is an important right; it should not be squandered.

In that light, however, it does not mean that you must vote. Not voting (in a particular contest) can also be meaningful.

Can we really be countercultural (for the Christian worldview) if we vote for a little bit of evil as opposed to a lot of evil? May it never be! Let it never be said we actively chose evil. In these cases, not voting is not a vote squandered.

IMO, the Presidential race is of this nature. I am out this year.

Nevertheless, I plan to vote in other contests where virture vs. vice is more clearly in view. Not perfect, mind you, but more defined.

Keith Pond said...

IMO? Forgive my "texting" ignorance. Guess I could ask my kids!

Shannon said...

I maintain that there is not any reason to abstain from voting as long as one can support whomever they choose...meaning NOT the lesser of two evils, but someone whom the voter deems worthy of the office in question. ...in my opinion...

Keith Pond said...

kc

Never mind the "IMO." My bride's up on the lingo! ;o)