Friday, March 14, 2008

Heritage

As I type, my grandmother spends her final hours this side of paradise not knowing what is happening around her. Pneumonia at age 95 moved her into hospice where she has slipped into a coma.

I thank my God and Savior Jesus Christ for what He has done in her life. It is because of that work, His not hers, that ensures her final destination. I have no doubt that her trust in God during very difficult times she endured served as an example to my father who, when he faced the storms of life, was driven to the Cross of Jesus.

Because of their trust, I, too, now know Christ as my Savior and appreciate so much my relationship with Him. "I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I've committed to Him against that day."

Soon I will travel to Wisconsin to be with my family as we remember the rich life of my grandmother. As I travel, I no doubt will wonder who it was in my grandmother's life that served as her example. To God, I thank you for them, too.

No comments: