Monday, March 31, 2008

1987 & 1991

What do those years have in common? Certainly sons #1 & #3 were born in those years, but WHAT ELSE? Anyone?

The Minnesota Twins won the world series in those years! Both series (Cardinals, Braves) went seven phenomenal games (biased).

As I sit here tonight watching ESPN2 cover opening day in the Metrodome (Homerdome, Snowdome, Heftybag, etc.), I wax nostalgic remembering my boys spitting up all over me, waving my Homer Hanky and actually sweeping my bride into the insanity.

They currently have the upper hand 3-2 against Anaheim (or LA or Calif.). I don't know if the lead will hold, but that's okay if it doesn't. It's opening day with 161 more to play!

Perhaps 2008...

1 comment:

Keith Pond said...

And yes, I'm still waiting for the first Viking Superbowl...victory!