Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Perspective

Wiped out: Rescue workers are dwarfed by the scale of the rubble as they pick their way through the shattered city of Otsuchi
Can you find the rescue workers?
Whining alert! 

My back hurts.  Not my lower back but the upper, just below my neck.  It's nagged me and plagued me for a couple of years now.  Do you feel my pain?

I know of folks dealing with vehicle problems.  Cars getting old.  Water pumps, belts and batteries blowing at the most inopportune times.  And a friend today shared that their dishwasher leaked all over their kitchen.

I have friends who have lost or are facing job loss and who have to rattle the bushes once again.

My own troubles seemed pretty big as I fiddled in my little Dilbert cubicle.  Then I saw these images and grieved the shallowness of my heart.  It doesn't erase the reality of my problems but it certainly puts them in a different light.

WARNING:  The first image on the British news site is of an arm protruding from the rubble (arm only).  It is the only image of one who has lost their life.

No comments: