Saturday, January 22, 2011

The humanity

There exists in America a segment of society that has no voice in the public arena save those who will speak on their behalf.

Within New York City that same segment runs the risk of being killed at the hands of another (typically referred to as "murder") at a rate of 40%.  How would you like to live in a neighborhood where you know that two of the five of you will be dead by next Thanksgiving?

That segment of our society has this death sentence on their head and they don't even know it.  They are the children in the womb.

Sunday is Sanctity of Human Life Day.  As we approach that day, let me encourage you, if you have never thought about the rights of the child in the womb to read a few articles about what's been happening in America lately.
  • The story of a former abortion provider:  here
  • Humanity and law:  here
  • A sober look at abortions in America.  Only for the life of the mom?  Rape and incest?  Not so much.  Read:  here.
  • Here, too, is my post from yesterday, a pained look at those who come to understand what they've done here.

"The baby in my womb leaped for joy."

~ Elizabeth upon seeing Mary who was pregant with the Christ (Luke 1:44)

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
~ God to Jeremiah (Jeremiah 1:5)

No comments: